15 Mar Tips for Getting Nominated!
What can you do to ensure that YOU are nominated for that desired position?
- Shout your name from the highest mountain
- Jump up and down reciting “pick me, pick me”
- Attach reason why you want to be nominated on a chocolate bar
- Record and perform a musical number that you can send to the committee
- Send a fruit basket
- Send over some beef stew with a note saying “Eat hearty and pick me.”
- Send a shoe to “get your foot in the door”
Reasons to nominate someone other than yourself
- Because they’re awesome
- Get them out-of-the office so you can prank their office
- You know they can do the job, they just need a little push
- They don’t have enough work to do
- They have their weekends free – why not keep them busy 7 days a week
Why would someone want to be nominated for a position?
- Recognition your yourself, team and organization
- Extra calories burned from running around to meetings
- High fives
- You get to see me on a regular basis (I know, Lord help us all)
- Bragging rights (ok, this isn’t nice, but I’m leaving it in, because I needed a 5th bullet)
Just look at the interesting people you will meet . . .
Awww, the fun and wonderful rewards of it all . . .
Now that I have your attention . . . all kidding aside: Please consider either nominating yourself or someone else for the CAFAA positions. Get yourself out there, try something new and fun!
Head on over to the CAFAA website http://www.cafaa.org/members-area/nomination-form and give some thought as to nominating yourself or a colleague. You will be happy you did!!!
President – Elect