31 Mar Financial Aid Counselor
University of Northern Colorado
University of Northern Colorado seeks applications for a financial aid counselor.
This position exists to serve students and families by educating them about financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to ensure that they meet their academic goals. The position advises and counsels students, prospective students and parents concerning available aid and scholarships, the application process and responsible utilization of financial aid funds, ensuring the information is accurate and up to date and provides leadership and support to the counseling staff . The position distributes federal, state, institutional, and private funds to all students who meet program eligibility requirements. The practice of empathy, community building, civility, recognition and exceptional customer service are key components of this position. The position will advise students, prospective students and parents concerning available scholarships and other forms of aid and the application process.
57% Program Administration (Essential Function)
• Monitor, audit and resolve individual student and/or processing issues regarding the timely and accurate delivery of aid through report creation and review e.g. UEH and award/packaging reports.
• Responsible for the process of funding from the Daniels Fund.
• Working with Graduate school in the review and authorizing of GA and TA aid awards in compliance with regulations and UNC policy.
• Working with Residential Education in the review and authorizing of Room and Board aid awards in compliance with regulations and UNC policy.
• Working with UNC Human Resources in the review and authorizing of Employee and Dependent waivers aid awards in compliance with regulations and UNC policy.
• Support program reconciliation by assisting with review and distribution of funds.
• Active member of the Verification and PJ Committee
• Resolve problems and work with leadership to improve processing.
33% Client Services (Essential Function)
• Counsel students and parents with regard to the financial aid and the UNC scholarship process. Provide accurate information and timely processing of files.
• Explain policy and procedures to internal and external constituents.
• Disseminate accurate, courteous and timely information.
5% Community Development (Essential Function)
• Represent the Office of Financial Aid and UNC in various activities both internal and external to the University. These include, but are not limited to, Preview Days, Freshmen and Transfer Student Orientations, high school financial aid presentations, financial aid nights and assignments as requested.
5% Policy Development (Essential Function)
• Assist the OFA Directors and Coordinators in development and implementation of financial aid policy by providing input and feedback to assist in meeting the goals of the office.
• Review federal regulatory changes to determine need for and recommend new departmental policies to remain in compliance.
• Create and update procedures for assigned duties as well as other areas as needed.
Attach resume, cover letter, and a list of references electronically through the link below!