09 Jul Be a Member! Get Involved! Love CAFAA!
Looking for an opportunity to connect with colleagues? Searching for best practices for your office or program? Curious about what the board does during their meetings? Look no further!! As a member of CAFAA, you have access to all of that AND MORE!! Check out what your membership investment returns for you and your organization:
- Discounted registration fees for conferences and other events
- Our Mid-Summer Training will be held on 7/15 at Colorado State University. If you haven’t already registered, act now! Space is limited, and it should be a day full of thinking “outside the box” to help learn new skills to enhance your everyday job duties.
- We look forward to having you join us for the RMASFAA/CAFAA Conference this October – program information coming soon!!
- Volunteer opportunities to enhance professional development
- Looking to get involved? Ask about how you can participate in one of the many committees and initiatives that CAFAA supports!
- Access to a myriad of resources, including:
- A network of colleagues through a membership directory of over 300 Colorado financial aid professionals
- Presentations on current financial aid topics
- Access to vital CAFAA records, including:
- Transcribed minutes from monthly Executive Board Meetings
- CAFAA By-Laws and Policies and Procedures
I’ve had the opportunity to serve as the Association’s Membership Chair from 2012-14, currently serve as the Secretary for 2015, and have served on the 2009, 2012 and 2013 Conference Committees and they have all been extremely enriching and rewarding experiences, creating opportunities for networks that may not have been otherwise possible. So, if you’re looking for a way to get involved, CAFAA is your ticket! We look forward to seeing you at the conference and other events throughout the summer!
Elizabeth (Beth) Romba
2015 CAFAA Secretary
College-Wide Coordinator of Work Study Programs, Front Range Community College